Fasting next Monday expiates the sins of the previous year.
The time of Ashura
Its time is the tenth day of the Islamic month, Muharram
It was reported on the authority of Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him:
(The Prophet Muhammad – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – commanded to fast Ashura, the tenth day) Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, authentic.
Its ruling was obligatory before Ramadan, then it was abrogated to be recommended (Mustahab).
bounty of the day of Ashua.
The day of Ashura is one of the witnessed days of Allah, and it has a great significance in the hearts of the believers, as they invoke Allah Almighty’s support for his prophets.
In it is a great event that happened to the Prophet of Allah Mosa – peace be upon him – on the day he was saved from Pharaoh and his brutality and drowning in the sea. The Prophet of Allah, Mosa, fasted on the day of Ashura.
And the Messenger – peace be upon him – said: (Fasting the day of Ashura, I hope that God will expiate for the year before it) Narrated by Muslim.
How to fast the day of Ashura
- 1- Fasting the ninth and tenth, which is what the scholars have agreed upon.
- 2- Fasting the tenth and eleventh, and this is what the Shafi’is and some of the Malikis schools said.
- 3- Fasting only the day of Ashura, and this is what some of the Hanafis, Malikis, Shafi’is and Hanbalis said.
- 4- Fasting a day before or after Ashura, and preferably before it, and this is what some of the Hanafis and Ibn al-Qayyim held; Evidence of the saying of the Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him-: (If I stay to meet someone, I will fast the ninth).
- 5- Fasting the ninth, tenth and eleventh, and that is the best.
JazakumAllah Khair for reading.
Please share these information with others for benefit.